BWP GXS v1.1.0 – The Beast is HERE!
Support for this plugin has been moved to the BWP Community!
Guys, BWP Google XML Sitemap 1.1.0 is out! This version comes with two new major features and a complete overhaul of all modules for efficiency. For a complete changelog, please visit this plugin’s usual changelog section. And now, let me show you why I call this release a beast:
1. Auto-splitting of large post sitemaps
In previous versions, if you want to bypass the 50,000 URLs limit, you will have to develop your own sitemap index module. Not all people want to spend their times developing such a module, and that’s why I’ve got a lot of requests from plugin users to add the splitting functionality into the core, and as of now, I have .
Now you will have two different limit settings, one for all sitemaps, and one for split sitemaps, so for example you can have a 50K URL limit for tag sitemap and a 10K limit for each split post sitemap, and if you have like 200K posts, your post sitemap will have 20 parts. It is generally a good idea to split your sitemap instead of having a single 50K URL sitemap, which is both heavier and slower to generate.
2. External Pages’ Sitemap
It is now very easy to add links to pages that do not belong to WordPress to the Sitemap Index. All you have to do is to create a filter, as described here, and add such filter to your theme’s
functions.php. An external pages’ sitemap will look similar to this:
You can of course enable or disable this feature in the Generator tab, and by default external pages’ sitemap is disabled.
3. Complete overhaul of modules
All modules and the base module have been improved for efficiency. Post, archive, and taxonomy modules are now 50% faster and consume 70% less memory usage (especially when you choose to split post-based sitemaps). This version has also been tested with sites that have approximately 200K posts and 14K tags, which was actually impossible with 1.0.5 or older. All sitemaps now have better and more accurate information, too!
4. Other things
There are actually tons of changes made to this release rather than those things above, and I’ve tried to list all notable things in the change log, so make sure you guys check it out. Note that some settings have been removed (such as ‘static pages’ sitemap’, ‘tags’ sitemap’, etc.) and new ones have been added (such as two exclusion lists). It is, therefore, recommend that you re-check your Generator’s settings and make appropriate changes.
That’s it, try the new version out and don’t forget to give me feedbacks, thanks!