I’m glad to announce the availability of my 6th plugin: BWP External Links! This plugin gives you total control over external links on your website and it also comes with a comprehensive domain filtering feature.
Features at a glance
- Allows you to add
rel="nofollow" or any custom relation tag you could think of to external links
- Allows you to specify CSS classes for both local and external links
- Allows you to choose whether or not to open a completely new window for each external link
- Allows you to choose between three ‘new window’ modes: onclick, target or jQuery
- Allows you to prefix external links with anything (typical use could be a redirection page that warns your visitors about the danger of visiting external sites)
- Allows you to specify which sub-domain of your website/blog to be considered local
- Allows you to specify which domains to be considered local (e.g. if you link to wordpress.org a lot you might want to force that domain local)
- Allows you to forbid some domains (e.g. pron.com, warez.com) and replace links pointing to those domains with a custom string of your own (useful for filtering links in visitors’ comments)
- WordPress Multi-site compatible (not tested with WPMU)
You can find detailed information as well as download links on this page: wordpress-plugins/bwp-external-links/
Please report any bugs by posting a comment below. Thank you!
Take Social Sharing to
the Next Level with Monarch!