BWP Syntax Released!
Support for this plugin has been moved to the BWP Community!
My 3rd WordPress plugin, BWP Syntax, has been released! This plugin uses GeSHi, a server-side syntax highlighting library to highlight code syntax in your posts. It is simple, lightweight, and very easy to use with plenty of options to choose.
Features at a glance
- Load the plugin only when you need it
- Option to load media files (CSS, JS, etc.) only when needed
- Built-in hooks for easier customization
- A lot of options to choose (I bet you don’t need them all!)
- Preview any snipplet of code to match your preference
- Possibility to add more languages
- Parse code within
<code>tag or using shortcode
- Parse code within comments
- Editor button to add code
- Two output methods, Table or Ordered list
- Style code globally or language-based
- Toolbar with toggle button and view source button
- Work with major browsers, including the all time driving-developers-crazy Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Multi-site compatible (not tested with WPMU)
- Actively developed
- … And more 😀
The current formal version is 1.0.0 (bug fix release: 1.0.5) and you can find detailed information as well as download links on this page: wordpress-plugins/bwp-syntax/
Please report any bugs by posting a comment below. Thank you!