Topic: [Solved] Plugin can't communicate to Polldaddy API

I have a problem that I've tried and tried to solve but haven't been able to sort out.

The plugin was working perfectly until something happened with our Polldaddy paid account.  Long story short, a slight bump up in our account service had to be downgraded on their service, but instead, they took us back down to a free account.  Once we caught the issue, our account got moved back up to a paid account. 

From what I can understand at this point, that kind of messed with the API for our account.  And no matter how many API's I apply for to put into the plugin settings, it consistently gives me an error of not being able to communicate to Polldaddy's API server.  I've tried every configuration, but it doesn't work.

Oddly enough, it keeps pulling in the last poll that the plugin was actually able to display.  We are using W3 Total Cache on the site, and I've tried disabling that.  Still, no go. 

We actually run 4-5 polls a day, so having this plugin has been crucial to day to day operation.  Any insights would be great...

Let me know if this makes sense.  Have been losing sleep over this issue.  smile

- John

Re: [Solved] Plugin can't communicate to Polldaddy API

What is the exact error message you saw? I think I will need to debug the plugin with your help.

http://betterwp.net/ - A Better WordPress world for everyone!
Useful links: Forum Rules | WordPress Plugins | WordPress Tips | In-depth WordPress Tutorials

Khang Minh wrote:

What is the exact error message you saw? I think I will need to debug the plugin with your help.

Here's what I'm seeing:

Polldaddy Error: Could not connect to API host or no data found.

Polldaddy Error: Account inaccessible, please recheck your API key or SSL settings.

4 (edited by skoltidningen 2012-09-20 14:48:05)

Exactly the same thing for me, but with a free account. Plug-in suddenly stopped getting access to Polldaddy. I have tried to renew my API-key with no success. Here's my message:

Better WordPress Polldaddy Polls Settings
Polldaddy Error: Could not connect to API host or no data found.
Polldaddy Error: Account inaccessible, please recheck your API key or SSL settings.

Best
Per