Last Updated on June 10, 2014
Better WordPress External Links
Gives you total control over external links on your website. This plugin also comes with a comprehensive domain filtering feature.
Sponsor Themes by Elegant Themes - $39 for unlimited access to 80+ WordPress Themes!
- WordPress 3.9 compatible (now requires WordPress 3.0 or higher).
- Added ability to use wildcards in domain settings.
- Added a CSS class for external image link, default is
- Added a Serbo-Croatian translation – Thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic!
- Improved handling of external links.
- Updated the default ‘external’ image (
external.png) to use an optimized version (download size goes down from 50KB to 404 bytes) – Thanks to Beheerder!
- Updated Danish translation – Thanks to Randi!
- Fixed an issue where links are not processed (priorities set for some filters were too high), thanks to user jrf.
- Other fixes and enhancements
- Marked as WordPress 3.7 compatible.
- Added an Italian translation. Thanks to Paolo Stivanin!
- Added a Dutch translation. Thanks to Juliette!
- Updated BWP Framework to fix a possible bug that causes BWP setting pages to go blank.
- Good news: ManageWP.com has become the official sponsor for BWP External Links.
- Added Malaysian translation – Thanks to d4rkcry3r!
- Added a new sample CSS file – Thanks to empathik!
- Both lowercase and uppercase anchors and href attributes are now processed correctly.
- Both single and double quotes are now recognized correctly.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed the incorrect behaviour of ‘Ignoring links poiting to All sub-domains’ option. It should now act like *.domain.tld.
- Improved support for country-based domains.
- Added an option to process links in text widgets.
- Added an option to process every link on a given page (experimental).
- Added Danish translation – Thanks to Randi!
- Initial Release