Last Updated on October 23, 2011
Better WordPress Recent Comments
This plugin displays recent comment lists at assigned locations. Comment lists are updated on the fly when a visitor adds a comment or when you moderate one. Does not add any load for end-users.
1.2.0 RC1 (08/04/2011)
- You can now group comments by post (inspired by the classic Get Recent Comments plugin).
- You can now have AJAX navigation for any recent comment list you want! Comment list on a separate page also supports AJAX.
- Templates available for both grouped comment lists and the AJAX navigation.
- Added a shortcode (
[bwp-rc]) to show recent comment lists on a separate page.
- More template tags for you to use:
%author_archive%: link to a comment author’s archive page if found.
%comment_count%: the number of comments for the current post.
%comment_number%: a comment’s number in the list, e.g. 1, 2, 3, etc. Useful when showing comments on a separate page.
- Added a new CSS file that will be used when you disable avatar.
- Now uses
date_i18nfunction for comment date so that it can be localized by default
- A lot of bug fixes and other improvements which make the plugin much faster and more stable!
- You can now show comments on a separate page, with pagination and custom template!
- You can also get comments from a specific post, using either ID or post name (slug)!
- It’s now possible to trim post title to a certain number of words.
- Implemented a new way to exclude certain comment authors, using a user’s id.
- Added a translation tag to
%post_title%to make this plugin compatible with multi-lingual websites/blogs.
- Fixed the non-functional
- Other unspecified enhancements and bug fixes .
- Fixed the bug that strips legit HTML tags in comment templates. Thanks to Mike McKoy!
- Fixed the bug that prevents empty comment templates.
- Fixed the widget class so that it functions more expectedly.
- Fixed some minor bugs that might cause notice or warning messages. Thanks to Konstantin!
- Added a reset instances button that will reset all malformed instances caused by 1.0.0′s bugs.
- It is now possible to have HTML in ‘no comment’ and ‘stripped comment’ message.
- Comments that belong to trashed posts are no longer included in comment lists.
- Initial Release