Last Updated on May 12, 2014
Better WordPress Recent Comments
This plugin displays recent comment lists at assigned locations. Comment lists are updated on the fly when a visitor adds a comment or when you moderate one. Does not add any load for end-users.
Sponsor Themes by Elegant Themes - Unlimited access to all themes for $39!
- Marked as WordPress 3.7 compatible.
- Updated BWP Framework to fix a possible bug that causes BWP setting pages to go blank.
- Good news: ManageWP.com has become the official sponsor for BWP Recent Comments – [Read more](319-better-wordpress-plugins-updates-2013/).
- Fixed some Notices produced when WP_DEBUG is set to true.
- Fixed a bug in admin area that could corrupt recent comment list instances.
- Fixed a bug that breaks an ajax recent comment list.
- Fixed a bug that breaks the paged recent comment list on a page.
- Fixed a bug that can breaks RTL WordPress.
- Comment text should now be shown in full if trim setting is set to 0.
- Comments from password-protected posts and private posts should not be shown.
- Trackbacks/pingbacks in spam folder should not be shown.
- (hot) For recent comments grouped by posts: new comments on old posts should now be shown correctly.
- Comment numbering (
%comment_number%) has been added to all recent comment lists.
- Long words chunk splitting has been improved to support multi-byte characters.
- Comments from attachment pages should now be shown too.
- Added a new filter (
bwp_rc_dotdotdot) to allow customization of the `…` after trimmed comments.
- Updated Ajax recent comment list to use jQuery’s new
- Added Portuguese transation – thanks to Marcus!
- Added Spanish translation – thanks to Jordi!
- Added Polish translation – thanks to Jarek!
1.2.0 RC1 (08/04/2011)
- You can now group comments by post (inspired by the classic Get Recent Comments plugin).
- You can now have AJAX navigation for any recent comment list you want! Comment list on a separate page also supports AJAX.
- Templates available for both grouped comment lists and the AJAX navigation.
- Added a shortcode (
[bwp-rc]) to show recent comment lists on a separate page.
- More template tags for you to use:
%author_archive%: link to a comment author’s archive page if found.
%comment_count%: the number of comments for the current post.
%comment_number%: a comment’s number in the list, e.g. 1, 2, 3, etc. Useful when showing comments on a separate page.
- Added a new CSS file that will be used when you disable avatar.
- Now uses
date_i18nfunction for comment date so that it can be localized by default
- A lot of bug fixes and other improvements which make the plugin much faster and more stable!
- You can now show comments on a separate page, with pagination and custom template!
- You can also get comments from a specific post, using either ID or post name (slug)!
- It’s now possible to trim post title to a certain number of words.
- Implemented a new way to exclude certain comment authors, using a user’s id.
- Added a translation tag to
%post_title%to make this plugin compatible with multi-lingual websites/blogs.
- Fixed the non-functional
- Other unspecified enhancements and bug fixes ;).
- Fixed the bug that strips legit HTML tags in comment templates. Thanks to Mike McKoy!
- Fixed the bug that prevents empty comment templates.
- Fixed the widget class so that it functions more expectedly.
- Fixed some minor bugs that might cause notice or warning messages. Thanks to Konstantin!
- Added a reset instances button that will reset all malformed instances caused by 1.0.0’s bugs.
- It is now possible to have HTML in ‘no comment’ and ‘stripped comment’ message.
- Comments that belong to trashed posts are no longer included in comment lists.
- Initial Release