How-to: Add BWP reCAPTCHA to Contact Form 7 (CF7)

Previous Post:

How-to: Add BWP reCAPTCHA to Contact Form 7 (CF7)

As of BWP reCAPTCHA 1.1.0, you can add a BWP reCAPTCHA tag to your Contact Form 7 intuitively.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. If you have been using an unofficial Contact Form 7 BWP reCAPTCHA extension, be sure to remove it before continuing with this tip.

2. As of version 2.0.0, you should use [recaptcha your-name] only.

2. As of version 1.1.1, BWP reCAPTCHA allow you to choose between [recaptcha] or [bwp-recaptcha] shortcode tag. To keep using the oldie [recaptcha], go to BWP reCAPT > General Options > Contact Form 7 Integration and select “use recaptcha shortcode tag”.

Please follow three easy steps described below:

Step 1: Go to Contact > Contact Forms and then choose to edit your desired form and select BWP reCAPTCHA. This tag comes with no options currently as it inherits settings from BWP reCAPTCHA.

Select BWP reCAPTCHA tagwp-content/uploads/2014/01/bwp-recaptcha-cf7-step11-1024x562.png 1024w, wp-content/uploads/2014/01/bwp-recaptcha-cf7-step11.png 1119w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />

Select BWP reCAPTCHA tag

Step 2: Copy the auto-generated tag and paste into your form, preferably right before the submit button of your form. Press Save to save your form.

Paste BWP reCAPTCHA tag into your formwp-content/uploads/2014/01/bwp-recaptcha-cf7-step2-1024x534.png 1024w, wp-content/uploads/2014/01/bwp-recaptcha-cf7-step2.png 1115w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />

Paste BWP reCAPTCHA tag into your form

Note: As of 2.0.2, a name is not required for the recaptcha tag to work. However, if you want to display a validation error next to the recaptcha tag, you must set the name (for e.g. “[recaptcha recaptcha-375]”), and uncheck “Treat invalid captcha as spam”, as shown below:

wp-content/uploads/2014/01/bwp-recaptcha-cf7-uncheck-treat-as-spam1.png 1010w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />

Step 3: Go to BWP reCAPT option pages to add key pairs and customize your reCAPTCHA if you haven’t done so already. Just like other forms the captcha will only be shown to certain users, as per your settings.

That’s it, go to your contact form and enjoy the new shiny reCAPTCHA.

Take Social Sharing to
the Next Level with Monarch!

Take Social Sharing to the Next Level with Monarch!
Print Article Trackback Trackback to this Article   Subscribe to Comments RSS Subscribe to Comments RSS

54 Opinions for How-to: Add BWP reCAPTCHA to Contact Form 7 (CF7) (32 Trackbacks)

1. User's Gravatar
    Neville February 27, 2014 at 7:41 pm – Permalink

Hi,

My site uses an SSL certificate, so how do i make use of this plugin with contact form 7 over an HTTPS connections as the browser simply ignores the captcha box giving a “not secure message ”

Thanks,

Nev

• User's Gravatar
      Khang Minh March 3, 2014 at 5:18 pm – Permalink

That is not currently possible, but I will add an https setting in the next version.

2. User's Gravatar
    Cathleen March 4, 2014 at 1:12 am – Permalink

I installed Contact Form 7 and the tag just as directed above. Then I customized BWP recaptcha and saved everything. However when I go to my CONTACT page on my website I get the error: Input error: Invalid referer

I’m not sure what this means. Can you help? I have the latest version of WordPress and my theme is: CANVAS by Woo themes.

Thanks so much.

3. User's Gravatar
    muen May 5, 2014 at 8:48 pm – Permalink

Hello

first of all – thanks for a decent plugin!

i have 2 contact-form-7 forms on my page and the CAPTCHA is added only to 1 of them. is it my mistake or does your plugin really support only 1 contact-form-7 per page? if so, i’d like to ask you for this feature in next release.

thanks in advance!

4. User's Gravatar
    Mantra July 24, 2014 at 11:02 am – Permalink

Hi,
    I installed this BWP recaptcha, just the one I like. When it’s in Firefox, Safari, IE, it works well. But in Google Chrome, it’s not showing….. nothing around the SEND button.

I use my WoedPress admin panel with Google Chrome.

What did I miss?

Please help,
    Thanks
    M

• User's Gravatar
      Khang Minh July 24, 2014 at 7:54 pm – Permalink

Have you tried a full refresh (Ctrl+F5)?

Also please make sure that you’re not logged in when using Chrome because captcha can be bypassed if you’re logged in.

5. User's Gravatar
    skoville August 12, 2014 at 9:58 am – Permalink

I can’t get a API code. Is there another way besides joining? Will the ones for e-mail work, instead?

6. User's Gravatar
    Ernest Burden August 22, 2014 at 2:00 am – Permalink

I installed BWPreCAPTCHA selected and pasted the code generated by Contact FOrm 7 but got nothing.
    Then I installed, Contact Form 7 reCAPTCHA extension, and viola it worked.

7. User's Gravatar
    Jen Koper October 29, 2014 at 5:13 am – Permalink

I was having trouble with getting an “Input error: invalid referer” message, but re-requested my public and private keys, and it now works!
    However, my page now shows this just before the Captcha:

value=”” />

I haven’t found this in any of the Content Form 7 or BWP Captcha scripts yet, but I believe it does show up in the page source code. I am assuming it is the last line of the code below. Any ideas where I can find/fix this? Thanks!

var RecaptchaOptions = (typeof CustomRecaptchaOptions === ‘undefined’) ? {
    theme: ‘clean’,
    lang: ‘en’,
    tabindex: 4
    } : CustomRecaptchaOptions;

<input type="hidden" name="error_redirect_to"
    value=”” />

• User's Gravatar
      Jen Koper October 29, 2014 at 5:18 am – Permalink

I guess I pasted the code wrong, things are missing. Let’s see if this works:

var RecaptchaOptions = (typeof CustomRecaptchaOptions === 'undefined') ? {
      theme: 'clean',
      lang: 'en',
      tabindex: 4
      } : CustomRecaptchaOptions;

<input type="hidden" name="error_redirect_to"
      value=”” />

• User's Gravatar
        Khang Minh November 6, 2014 at 11:58 pm – Permalink

Hey, can I have a link to the site you’re having issues with?

8. User's Gravatar
    PJC December 4, 2014 at 7:29 pm – Permalink

Will you be adding support for Google’s new “NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA” ? I would be interested in the plugin if that occurs.

9. User's Gravatar
    PJC December 4, 2014 at 7:32 pm – Permalink

Will you be upgrading your plugin to support the new “No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA” that was announced yesterday? If so, I would be very interested in the plugin.

10. User's Gravatar
    gillian December 4, 2014 at 8:06 pm – Permalink

Hi I cannot get the Bwt captcha form to show on my contact form 7.
    I have tried Really simple captcha plugin, also WP recaptcha, with contact 7 extension and they all have the same problem, they just will not show. some did not even allow to generate the tag, after the plugins were activated and key installed. I can confirm I installed one by one, tried each out, one of them required adding the recaptcha – getting the 2 keys; then generating the tag in the contact form, which I did. I deactived those plugins that did not work, and installed your plugin, and the tag became available to drop into the form, [bwp-recaptcha bwp-recaptcha-52] but alas, it did not show the captcha at all. I am tearing my hair out here….

• User's Gravatar
      Paul January 4, 2015 at 2:03 am – Permalink

i generated tag too and set options correctly, but still no go on my contact form 7 page. I read the instructions.

11. User's Gravatar
    ZXZXz February 1, 2015 at 2:17 am – Permalink

czxczxcxzcxzcxzcz

12. User's Gravatar
    amos February 2, 2015 at 5:11 am – Permalink

installed plugin, get a tag and then the tag as text is displayed on my site. What did I do wrong?

13. User's Gravatar
    Tom Greenhill February 11, 2015 at 1:39 am – Permalink

I’ve installed and the shortcode simply isn’t being rendered? Any ideas?

14. User's Gravatar
    Alok Shrestha February 12, 2015 at 6:55 pm – Permalink

Hi,
    I’ve installed the bwp recaptcha, Contact form 7 is submitted without the validation of recaptcha field, how to make the recaptcha field validation and submit the form when validation is successful?
    Can i have any instruction with it?

1. Better WordPress reCAPTCHA (support Akismet and Contact Form 7) | WP Plugin Directory

[…] How-to: Add BWP reCAPTCHA to Contact Form 7. […]

1 2 3

Speak Up Your Mind!

An asterisk (*) indicates a required field and must be filled.

• Web page and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Wrap codes in: <code lang=""></code> or <pre lang="" extra="">
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Next Post: